Uploaded Images, Descriptions, and Comments
Images you upload, and text content you post, must not contain:
- Content that is illegal
- Advertising or solicitations
- Content constituting hate speech, harassment, defamation, threats, or encouragement of illegal activities under Irish law
You must identify adult images by selecting the "Not family safe" checkbox when uploading. Adult images include sexually suggestive images or images intended to cause sexual arousal.
We may determine that any content violates this policy at our discretion, and we may remove any content from this website at any time, and for any reason. Users found, at our discretion, to be violating these policies may be banned from using img.ie, and/or reported to law enforcement as appropriate. We reserve the right to take any other legal measures against users taking any illegal actions on this website.
Hotlinking (serving images directly from img.ie Image Hosting on another website) is allowed, but abusive hotlinking is not. Examples of permitted hotlinking include:
- Embedding an image in a forum post
- Sharing an image on Reddit, boards.ie, or another social sharing website
Examples of abusive hotlinking include, but are not limited to:
- Serving your website's static content from img.ie Image Hosting
- Serving advertising images from img.ie Image Hosting
- Generally treating img.ie Image Hosting as a CDN (content delivery network) for your website
Hotlinking private images will make them visible to anyone who views that link.
Websites found at our discretion to be violating this hotlinking policy may be prevented from hotlinking at any time, and for any reason.
Reporting AbusePlease report any content that violates this policy by using our contact form, or by emailing [email protected]
Claimed Copyright Infringement
If you are the copyright owner or an authorized agent of the copyright owner, of content posted to img.ie Image Hosting, you may request removal of infringing content in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by sending the following information to our agent at [email protected]
- Description/identification of your copyrighted work, and its original location.
- Specific location (URL) or locations of infringing content on img.ie Image Hosting. You must provide specific URL(s) to the page(s) where the content exists. Providing a link to the img.ie Image Hosting home page, or to an image album page without any further specific details, is not sufficient to identify the infringing content.
- Your contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and physical address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the copyrighted work or works which you have described as infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its authorized agent, or as allowed by law.
- A statement, made by you under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner, or an authorized agent of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed, and that all information submitted in your notice is accurate.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Upon receipt of your notice of infringement, img.ie Image Hosting may:
- Remove or make inaccessible the allegedly infringing content.
- Forward your notice of infringement to the user who posted the content to img.ie Image Hosting.
- Notify the user who posted the content to img.ie Image Hosting that it has been removed, and provide them an opportunity to file a counter-notice as permitted by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- In the case of repeat infringements: terminate any accounts of those users, and remove or make inaccessible all content posted by them to img.ie Image Hosting.
If your content was removed as the result of a DMCA notice, you may file a counter-notice by providing the following information to img.ie Image Hosting:
- Description/identification the content that was removed.
- Specific location (URL) or locations of infringing content on img.ie Image Hosting, before it was removed.
- Your contact information, including your name, email address, telephone number, and physical address.
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- And the following statement: "I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside of Ireland, the judicial district in which img.ie Image Hosting is located, and will accept service of process from the claimant of infringement."
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Upon receipt of your counter-notice, img.ie may:
- Forward your counter-notice to the original claimant of infringement, which may include any personal information you provided in your counter-notice.
- Inform the original claimant that we will restore access to the allegedly infringing content, unless the claimant notifies img.ie within ten business days of receipt of your counter-notice that they have filed a court action against you.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, img.ie and/or its licensor's own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without img.ie express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without img.ie Image Hosting's express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. img.ie reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at img.ie Image Hosting's discretion.
If img.ie Image Hosting provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
img.ie Image Hosting may disable your user ID and password in img.ie Image Hosting's sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, "your user content" means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to img.ie Image Hosting a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to img.ie Image Hosting the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or img.ie Image Hosting or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
img.ie Image Hosting reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on img.ie Image Hosting's servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding img.ie Image Hosting's rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, img.ie Image Hosting does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. img.ie Image Hosting makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, img.ie Image Hosting does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability
img.ie Image Hosting will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if img.ie Image Hosting has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit img.ie Image Hosting's liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by img.ie Image Hosting's negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of img.ie Image Hosting; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for img.ie Image Hosting to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect img.ie Image Hosting's officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as img.ie Image Hosting.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify img.ie Image Hosting and undertake to keep img.ie Image Hosting indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by img.ie Image Hosting to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of img.ie Image Hosting's legal advisers) incurred or suffered by img.ie Image Hosting arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to img.ie Image Hosting's other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, img.ie Image Hosting may take such action as img.ie Image Hosting deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
img.ie Image Hosting may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
img.ie Image Hosting may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with img.ie Image Hosting's rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
"img.ie Image Hosting", "we", and "this website" refer to img.ie Image Hosting, and its successors and assigns. "You" and "your" refer to the person or entity consents to this agreement. "Include" means "include, but is not limited to".